Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Re-Editing


I had to re-edit my short film because after sending it so my family and friends could tell me their opinion on it they each told me somethings i could work on and i went ahead and started working on those little details. I began re editing the ending and some of the clips in between the middle and the beginning because my dad said that i should edit some of the beginning and make it more about the actual injury rather than just the the backstory and the whole thing. 

but since i wasn’t able to re shoot because of my actors injury so i had to work with what i had since the beginning, and it honestly wasn’t easy to re edit because i barely had any different footage to add onto the short film so i kept it mostly the same i tried to cut out some clips but it just wouldn’t look good so i kept it mostly the same as before. Some things that i have changed on the short film while re editing is the police sirens and i took out the subtitles. I felt like subtitles didn’t really matter and it was just taking up too much of my time, everything in the short film, all the dialogue is very clear and audible so adding subtitles wouldn’t do much affect. Also my mother had also mentioned as to why the subtitles were there because it’s a person choice if they want close captioning and subtitles. So i took them out and just left it normal. 

After i was done i sent the finished short film to my friends and i asked them if they preferred the re edited version or the old one i showed them and they said that they liked both but they preferred the new and re edited version that i had sent to them today. 

I also sent it to my father and showed it to my mother, my father said he liked it and that even though there wasnt much of a difference between the old one and the new one he said he liked the new one more. My mother said the same as well and she said i did a great job and that she would be sending it to my aunt and to my grandma so they could tell what they thought as well. At the end they said they really liked it and i was really glad they did



 

No comments:

Post a Comment