Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Genres I Would Like to Research

     Three genres i would like to research about would be Sports, Documentary, and Drama. The movie i want to film is mostly sports related. It's about a highschool athlete, that plays soccer for his high schools soccer team. I chose one of the genres to be sports because the main thing that is portrayed in my film is soccer. Many football and baseball movies fall into the sports genre due to what it mostly is about. I think that many of these movies could also be drama. Many are very dramatic and have parts of the movie where it doesn't involve much of the sport but something personal. Such as family issues, drug use, and distractions due to the sport. These scenes are very dramatic and very detailed. As in like drama films there are many fights, arguments, injuries. All are very detailed and always have a background story added to the scene. A flashback or something of the sort. I also chose Documentary because usually these sports films always focus on one player. Usually their best player in the team, mostly the captain. And to focus on one person you need lots of information about them, about where they're from, where they live, how their household was like when they were growing up. Everything makes it a documentary about one of the best players that team has. It also focuses on how the coach is, how the teammates support, or act with or around them. I want my film to be very detailed and focused on one person. Detailed on their background. Detailed on everything they do and how it affect everyone around them. and themselves. These three genres all make up for what i want in my film and what i am looking for. The actor or actors in my film will have very detailed scenes about them and everything. I want to focus on why they chose the sport. Why they wanted to keep playing it. How they started playing. Focusing on everything they do in their life and everything they did to get where they are. Sports, Documentary, Drama are the three main genres i want to research more about and pursue one into my film.


No comments:

Post a Comment