Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Critical Reflection

 How do your products represent social groups or issues?

My product represents social groups who are interested in sports, such as soccer. Soccer has a large fan base, with almost half of the world playing and watching the sport. My product relates with many people throughout the whole product. Many people play soccer, especially in young ages around high school and such. This creates the audience targeted for my film, people, young and elders, who enjoy the sport. The main issue with playing a sport is the dangers of an injury. Getting injured is pretty common for any athlete, in soccer many players have leg injuries. I wanted to highlight the issue with that, and make my movie about how easy soccer injuries can occur. Proven actually by the fact that during this whole filming process my actor did get an injury from playing soccer.


• How do the elements of your production work together to create a sense of ‘branding’?

The elements of my work create a sense of branding in many ways. To start with, in my production i have 4 main elements. The first element is my website. The website consists of everything that has happened during this production process and all the main elements. On the website i have all the social medias created for this short film, pictures from the filming it self, videos such as bloopers, and details about the movie itself. The second element is the social media accounts. For my own branding and name i created an Instagram, twitter, Facebook, and YouTube account. Each platform i made them all similar using the same profile pictures, the same username, and email that i created just for the short film. Each account also has information about the website and the short film. The third element is the unique name, for my film. To make something your own and different from others you have to be creative. I chose the name, "The Player". I chose that name for my film because it creates the whole film, about a soccer athlete. Lastly, we have the post card. The post card is something i created from scratch and made it my own way. On the post card are all the elements such as the social medias, the website, the QR code, and the showtimes for when the movie will be "released". 


• How do your products engage with the audience?

My product engages with a very large audience. My film is in the sports genre, which attracts many people. Men and women from all ages watch sports, especially soccer. My short film doesn't have an age restriction, so any age could watch it. Soccer is the most watched and most played sport in the world creating a very large audience for my film. 


• How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions?

My research informed me about the way they challenge conventions by allowing me to work it out in my own way. Many soccer films are documentaries, there are very few movies about soccer. Most movies talk about one player and their past and their main soccer event that maybe led them to become famous or better or even end their career. After my research i came to the conclusion of making my short film about one soccer athlete and their big injury at the end, causing the big "OMG" affect on my film and ending with a cliffhanger.









No comments:

Post a Comment