Monday, September 14, 2020

Welcome Back

    Its been a while hasn't it. Let me re-introduce myself for you. My name is Luisa, i am a student at Fort Lauderdale high school and this is my second year taking Media Studies. When picking my classes for my first year of high school was honestly really scary and fun. There was so much to pick but i knew i wanted to get involved in a class that worked with cameras and technology. When i first came to the school all excited to pick my electives i did not know what Media Studies was but once they had said it involved using cameras i knew i had to pick that as one of my electives. I had a couple friends who also picked it but they were all in different class periods. When i first got into class i was scared because i did not know anyone so i thought i would have to work all alone but i later come to find out one of my old friends from middle school was in the same class which then made me meet new people and have the best time.When i first chose this class i thought it was something completely different than what it is if I'm being honest. I thought we were going to be working on how to work cameras and how to record films and how films were made. I am not disappointed on what it actually is. Taking AS level was honestly a great experience on learning the beginner steps of film making. I learned a lot through the whole year even though by the end of it we got affected by covid-19. Learning how to edit and work cameras was a very fun experience and it helped realize how much effort goes into making short or even normal films. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication which i completely stand on. I had a lot of fun working with my groups last year, i made new friends in the class and it was a very fun experience. Going out to film was honestly one of the best things, we had fun while doing all the hard work which at the end i believe payed off really well.I hope this year in A level i learn more about the film industry. As my teachers talked about what we had coming up for us already had me excited to know what we would be doing next.

No comments:

Post a Comment